Artwoman Festival has been internationally announced and invites all artists to participate in the event; their nationality is not an important matter. The festival is going to take place on December 12 – 14, 2014 in Havana, Cuba.
Artwoman is a multidisciplinary festival organized by projects En Mi Barrio, Somos Mucho Más and Hip Hop female enthusiasts in Cuba. It is aimed at fostering and empowering different artistic expressions and the female discourse by means of an Afro-descendant and non-normative feminist positioning.
The organizers are looking forward to receiving applications from all artists that work with the following categories: performing arts, music, painting, visual arts, audiovisual, literature (all genres), feminist activism and experimental art.
The artists can email their proposals to email@example.com and a committee will be assessing and handpicking the best ones.
Deadline: September 10, 2014
Artwoman is the 1st International Festival of Female Artists and Social Activists in Cuba
December 12 – 14, 2014 in Havana, Cuba
Projects En Mi Barrio, Somos Mucho Más and Hip Hop female enthusiasts in Cuba - rappers, poets, intellectuals, activists - invite all artists interested from any corner of Earth to participate in Artwoman: 1st International Festival of Female Artists and Social Activists in Havana, in the following categories:
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Literature (all genres)
- Feminist Activism.
- Experimental Art
The Festival also announces a meeting for intellectual and academic debate on:
- Art and feminist activism.
- Art and political-tool status for social transformations (empowering feminist movements by means of art).
- Art from the female approach of the Third World (Post-colonial World)
- What are the main markets for art produced by women? Survival strategies applied by female and feminist artists and art.
- Feminist technologies. Economic Autonomy. Use of digital means and the mass media for women’s art.
- Art, pacha mama, nature, environment, female body.
- Art, body, female health, self-pleasure.
- Art and sexual dissents. (queer, lesbian, Afro-lesbian and sexual liberation discourses)
- Your proposals will also be taken into account.
This festival is going to be an exchange platform on female art and social activism worldwide. The Festival targets the development, support and promotion of female art with different cultural expressions. Non-competitive and non-profit character.
Guidelines for Artwoman:
- All Cuban or international artists can participate, whether they live in Cuba or not.
- If the artists are related to such expressions as music and performing arts, they cannot take more than 20 minutes and shall send a synopsis and report on technical requirements for their presentation.
- In the case of visual arts, the artists shall send images of the artworks with brief synopsis and measures of the pieces. The pictures can be organized in series of 3 works each.
- Audiovisuals cannot last more than 35 minutes, and the artists shall send the topic and synopsis.
- In the case of literature, the readings won’t take more than 10 pages with annexes (properly bound), send topic and synopsis.
- The Festival will be divided into artistic sections and workshops and lectures.
- The lectures will follow the project format: title, summary, key words.
- In the case of workshops, the artists shall send topic, methodology and purpose, number of participants, technical requirements.
- Deadline: September 10, 2014.
- The proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered - correctly bound – at the library of La Casa de la Poesía, working hours, Muralla # 63 (bottom floor) entre Oficios e Inquisidor, Old Havana.
- The organizing committee is to assess and choose the proposals, since the capacity is limited.
- Foreign artists must pay for their trip and expenses. The organizing committee will make the arrangements for their stay.
- The attendees will be given credentials for a symbolic price.