The Ibero-American House and the Provincial Directorate of Culture in Holguín, Cuba, SUMMON specialists, intellectuals, artists and other persons interested in cultural tourism, residing in Cuba and overseas, to the Festival of the Ibero-American Culture, to be held from October 24th to the 30th, 2018, celebrating its 24th edition this year. The Festival is a inclusive project of theoretical, artistic, socio-cultural, and community events that promotes dialogue, exchange and solidarity. This celebration will have as central theme: Celebration of the 25th Aniversary of «Casa de Iberoamerica».
Founded in 1545, Holguin is the region that gathers the archaeological capital of Cuba, the largest aboriginal cemetery in Latin America, and the point of arrival of Christopher Columbus on October 28th, 1492. It is an ethnic mixture with Iberian accent, blessed by the appearance of the Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre, well known Saint of Cuba and the birthplace of General Calixto García Iñiguez. The traditions are mixed in a land that owns the Son and the iconic guaracha Faustino Oramas, El Guayabero.
We also develop a cutting-edge innovator art movement in each of its manifestations. These reasons make it the ideal setting for an Encounter of Cultures.
The main settings which make up this event are:
- XIII Ibero-American Congress of Thought
- XI Artistic Solidarity Brigades
- Ibero-American Colloquium of Letters
- Ibero-American Display of Fine Arts
- Display of Ibero-American audiovisual
- XVII Iberoarte: Handicraft Fair
- Rural Traditions
- Iberian Cultural Centre
- Artistic shows in parks and squares
- Casa del Taita, Cultural Centre
The registration fee is included in the commercial offer of our official tour operator Paradiso and embraces all the participant categories:
- Credential (access to all activities of the event).
- Printed program.
- Participation in press conferences, radio and TV programs, and other media.
- Enjoyment of Cuban popular music orchestras.
- Permanent protocol service and translation if necessary.
- Visit to Christopher Columbus Natural Park, Bariay Key, and the Admiral's landing site in Cuba.
- Visit to Gibara Villa, National Monument City.
- Certificate of participation in the Festival.
- Visit to interesting cultural and social places as part of optional tours with defined prices according to the choice you make.
For a commercial offer, please contact our official tour operator Paradiso: the Agency for Cultural Tourism, which offers preferential packages that include: Box Office, lodging, meals and optional tours to places of cultural and social interest.
More information in the website: www.casadeiberoamerica.cu
Hoping to meet your professional expectations,